November 11, 2015

Francesco Portelos - Cultist Behavior?

I am officially requesting that Francesco Portelos cease and desist from contacting me further in any form or manner. 
This is my response to the unsolicited and harassing emails I have received after unsubscribing to emails in a several email groups led by Francesco Portelos, however they were all returned to me 'Undelivered'. 
I cannot support the Solidarity Caucus and as a result, Francesco Portelos will stop at nothing to harass me. Please remember that you have free will and am sending this out to protect the safety and well being of my family and friends.

For your concern....Solidarity has displayed many (not all- but you be the judge) of the characteristics that are present in a cultist environment...



  
  My question is , why I am i still receiving these emails even after I have not only unsubscribed(twice) from this group, but also requested that the cult leader Portelos remove me from his group? I consider this email to be a form of harassment and further steps have been taken.

Portelos dictates in great detail how members should think, act and feel...



I too was fooled, but luckily I got out in time. 

2 comments:

Polo Colon said...

I am so super disappointed in Francesco Portelos! Initially, I thought he was a cool competent crusader for the rights of victimized teachers, but now I can't understand what could have made him fall off the deep end. Why on earth is he serving the needs of the DOE as well as the do-nothings at the UFT by attacking Betsy Combier, as if she had some tremendous power and were responsible for the plight of victimized teachers? While I don't think he is a true cult leader (a la David Koresh or Jim Jones) I can understand why some may feel that way because of the lack of democratic reasoning and cliquishness.

As a former ATR myself, of which I understand Portelos has joined the ranks, though I'm sure not by choice, I have to declare that what ATRs need is a level-headed crusader, someone like the one he disparages the most, Betsy Combier, who has a long-standing powerful and successful record of advocacy for the downtrodden ATRs!

If you're a member of Solidarity, I would caution you to abandon that sinking ship and join Betsy and myself at ATR Connect found at NYCrubberroomreporter.blogspot.com and get truly organized. Resources can be found there that will not be found in any centralized site to help you!

Be smart...think for yourself....don't be a follower...leaders too often are wheelers and dealers! When you're up against a system of administrative terrorists and AGW's (Administrators-Gone-Wild) you have no time to waste on foolishness! Be proactive, eyes wide open!

Polo Colon said...

With all due respect to all others in this infighting issue, why don't we all take a step back and look at the big picture?

Are we not playing into the design of the DOE and the UFT and other ill-wishers to divide and conquer us?

Isn't that the long recurring tactic of our enemy? Don't they revel in this as we aggressively knock ourselves out?

Remember that as we vilify, demonize and scapegoat one another, they first did that to us and we are willfully following their lead as they push all the right buttons to lead the lemmings over the cliff!

Infighting, once again, will lead to abject failure. Guys, you are all feeding the gargantuan monstrous appetite of Teachers' enemies for the continuation - and expansion - of attacks on Teachers!

This needs to end immediately, if not sooner! There are, sadly, new teachers in large numbers, seeking leadership that will vigorously support them in their hopes for a decent future in their chosen careers. They see themselves (and rightfully so) as pedagogues - professionals. What they need to compliment this honorable vision is an equally substantive leadership. They don't get that with all of this bullshit! Neither do the rest of us!

It is totally counterproductive. It will stain and defile all involved!

I call for a meeting of the various disparate parties to come together, bury all of the hatchet-talk to formulate an agreeable platform to make sure the real needs of teachers are worked in and that a real solidarity and unity take place. I'm not talking mealy-mouthed kumbaya. I am simply saying we only have a half year to get this together - and time is quickly slipping away. It's not much time, but we are not out of time. Take your freakin egos and flush them down the toilet bowl of history for the sake of Teachers and for the sake of our community's children!